Leonaenae

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 04 December 2005 - 09:51 AM

I did these earlier this year. I used colorific oil pastels
the first Desert Horse was my very first try with oil pastels

Attached File  img306.jpg   73.54KB   91 downloads

its not the whole picture, but as much as the scanner could hold
the second is a whale,my first whale to draw and i didnt use a reference so he looks like a blue whale/humpback mix :)

Attached File  Sunrise_by_leonaenae.jpg   22.93KB   90 downloads

sorry he is so small, its a photograph

for future works, what advice would you impart?

Edited by Neo_Art, 04 December 2005 - 01:39 PM.

"The artist is nothing without the gift, but the gift is nothing without work" -Emile Zola

Advertisement

#2 Helz

Helz

Lady-knight

• Concept Factory
  • 1,214 posts

Posted 04 December 2005 - 10:58 AM

:) Hi Leonaenae, what lovely pictures! I am not a "pastel" drawer, but admire you for attempting this medium....it always looks very hard to me! The horse is good, although it would be nice to see the whole picture to get a better idea of the content! :) The whale has beautiful colours, very vibrant. :)

I hope you enjoy yourself here at Arttrade, it will be great to see some more of your work, love Helz x
"CREATE......INSPIRE......SHARE"

http://helzbelzart.com

#3 Deco

Deco

ARTTRADE.NET

• Admin
  • 2,257 posts

Posted 04 December 2005 - 11:29 AM

Hi Leona and welcome to Arttrade Forums :)

Think your work is interesting, I like the second drawing more because of the live colours.
Photos aren't of very good quality (a bit blurred), maybe you should try to post them in smaller size.
Are you attending any art courses?

Hope you'll enjoy yourself here. :)
MyPaintings.Info - My web site
Fashionchat.info - Fashion Blog

#4 Neo_Art

Neo_Art

ARTTRADE.NET

• Admin
  • 1,608 posts

Posted 04 December 2005 - 01:42 PM

Hi Leonaenae,

Welcome to the forums! :)

Lovely drawings! :) :)

Ps: I attached your images for better quality. Hope you don't mind. :drunk:

#5 Wendy

Wendy

• Art Guru
  • 416 posts

Posted 04 December 2005 - 02:11 PM

Hi Leonaenae,

You do some lovely work, :) I admire any pastel artist, I find it so difficult. Look forward to seeing more of your work, and you will love it here in Arttrade everyone is so friendly and helpful.

Wendy xx

If at first ... you don't succeed ... try & try again!!

My Website

My Other Website

#6 housedoc

housedoc

Devoted Member

• Concept Factory
  • 1,602 posts

Posted 05 December 2005 - 06:05 PM

:santa_smiley: Leon - hope you don't mind me calling you this - the other is a bit 'long'. Anyway hope you enjoy yourself on the site - I am sure you will. Lots of friendly people and chatter :santa_smiley: Love your blue whale. Hope to see some more of your work :) Talk soon

#7 Leonaenae

Leonaenae

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 12 May 2006 - 05:27 AM

Whoa wow I have been away for a very longtime! I've just finished my freshman year of college where I had no time for fun!!! So this summer I shall be active!!!!

Hi Leonaenae, what lovely pictures! I am not a "pastel" drawer, but admire you for attempting this medium....it always looks very hard to me! The horse is good, although it would be nice to see the whole picture to get a better idea of the content! The whale has beautiful colours, very vibrant.

I hope you enjoy yourself here at Arttrade, it will be great to see some more of your work, love Helz x

Thank you so much. You should give them a try, they are really fun to work with if you have the more whats the word im looking for oily/watery like type that go on like paint. I now have a a photo of the horse picture!! shall post it at the end of this post!!!

Hi Leona and welcome to Arttrade Forums

Think your work is interesting, I like the second drawing more because of the live colours.
Photos aren't of very good quality (a bit blurred), maybe you should try to post them in smaller size.
Are you attending any art courses?

Hope you'll enjoy yourself here.

Thanks for the comment! When I get back over to my Grandmothers (i gave her the whale as a gift) I will take a photo of it closer up this time! And with a better camera.
No, Im not in any art courses. Havent Had an art class since 6th grade and I am now a freshman in college. With all those wopping 5 courses which are allowed per semester without paying extra heading toward my major/minor/and general studies. im hoping that maybe I can fit one in this coming semester if my schedule will allow it.

Hi Leonaenae,

Welcome to the forums!

Lovely drawings!

Ps: I attached your images for better quality. Hope you don't mind.

Oh of course!!! Whatever helps the eyes see it better lol! And thank you comments like that are so encouraging and make me want to do better.

Hi Leonaenae,

You do some lovely work, I admire any pastel artist, I find it so difficult. Look forward to seeing more of your work, and you will love it here in Arttrade everyone is so friendly and helpful.

Wendy xx

:) thank you so much!
and dont worry Ill be posting more now that its summer break!

Leon - hope you don't mind me calling you this - the other is a bit 'long'. Anyway hope you enjoy yourself on the site - I am sure you will. Lots of friendly people and chatter Love your blue whale. Hope to see some more of your work Talk soon

Nope dont mind at all! and thank you for the comment! i shall post that full picture of the horse now :cheer:

Posted Image Here is the Larger Image

ps i hope its not too taboo replying to this. BUT it is updated lol so does that count? :)
I also hope its not TOO TOO long!
"The artist is nothing without the gift, but the gift is nothing without work" -Emile Zola

#8 Denisejart

Denisejart

Advanced Member

• Art Guru
  • 506 posts

Posted 12 May 2006 - 06:58 AM

wow I love the horse picture its lovely ....
I have tried soft pastels but they are not crisp enough around the edges for me .... Im a controlled person lol...not

#9 davidkessel

davidkessel

• Members
  • 169 posts

Posted 12 May 2006 - 11:19 AM

The clors are good. My suggestion is for you to study the anatomy of animals a bit more. I have the same problem, that is why I stylize them

#10 housedoc

housedoc

Devoted Member

• Concept Factory
  • 1,602 posts

Posted 12 May 2006 - 04:13 PM

:whistling2: Nice to see you back again Leon - nice picture. Hopefully you will show us some more soon :)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Advertisement