• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 Alex

Alex

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 688 posts

Posted 07 May 2005 - 09:32 AM

Hi guys, what do you think of my ikle light house, it was mainly a lesson in perspective, I was also playing around with different techniques for the sky, has it worked or does it all look a bit messy?

Attached Files

We don't stop playing because we get old, we get old because we stop playing.
My Webpage

Advertisement

#2 Starry eyed goblin

Starry eyed goblin

• Art Guru
  • 236 posts

Posted 07 May 2005 - 11:04 AM

It looks good, though I can't critique the perspective well as I'm still trying to understand that myself. The sky looks styalised to me, so as long as that's what you're going for, it works. Either way, I like it. :rolleyes:

#3 ldoone

ldoone

• Visitor
  • 352 posts

Posted 08 May 2005 - 11:25 AM

Alex, I really love this one. It makes you feel as though you are looking up at the light house, which of course is as it should be, and I think the background is just yummy!! Very effective background, a lot of strength without taking away from the 'star of the show' the lighthouse. the contrast of the smoothness of the lighthouse is great against the texture of the background and the effect of the darker blue at the top helps lead you into the picture too and on into the sky above and beyond what can be seen in the painting. Well done!! :sneaky: :rolleyes:

#4 Deco

Deco

ARTTRADE.NET

• Admin
  • 2,257 posts

Posted 09 May 2005 - 03:05 PM

Hi Alex,
I like the painting, especially the sky, but you always are good at skies :rolleyes:
Lighthouse perspective is fine but as it's cylindrical I think you have to work
more on the lights and shades.
if the angle of light is as on your painting, it should look like this

Attached File  persp.JPG   6.98KB   25 downloads

I hope it's of use :sneaky:
MyPaintings.Info - My web site
Fashionchat.info - Fashion Blog

#5 Alex

Alex

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 688 posts

Posted 12 May 2005 - 10:14 PM

YTU one and all, Deco that trick with the paper is very useful, I see that the fart left side is actually darker then it gets lighter going into shade again.....mmmmmh might have another play. Glad you liked teh sky, started off just being plain old smooth sky, but all off a sudden decied to try and give it a more impressionist feel, was not sure if the two styles worked well together, but am very encouraged by Idoone comment, and Starry eyed goblin, yep thats just what I wanted, something a ikle bit different. Fanks. X
We don't stop playing because we get old, we get old because we stop playing.
My Webpage

#6 pinkmahaffey

pinkmahaffey

• Visitor
  • 16 posts

Posted 20 July 2005 - 05:09 PM

hi, i love your painting...its very calming in colour. The perspective seems good to me, it really seems like the viewer is looking up at the lighthouse so you get some idea as to the tremendous size of the building. I hope this was useful!
lisa

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Advertisement