ARTTRADE.NET Artists Catalogue

• Please log in to reply
98 replies to this topic

#16 Clare

Clare

• Visitor
  • 448 posts

Posted 03 May 2005 - 12:48 PM

Well I am in the same boat as Drawingirl as I am busy doing two lots of paintings, work full time, look after kids, cook, clean and sometimes look after hubby :laughing: Feeling sorry for me yet? :cheer: As Drawingirl say pleaseeeee don't drop it. We think it is a brilliant idea :cheer: :cheer:
Just need a little tiny bit more time :cheer: :clapping: please.
Clare B)
Life is for watching and enjoying if that fail paint it!

My Webpage
http://www.minigalle...k/Clare_Harper/

Advertisement

#17 Neo_Art

Neo_Art

ARTTRADE.NET

• Admin
  • 1,608 posts

Posted 03 May 2005 - 12:56 PM

Hi Clare,

My opinion wasn't directed to you and drawingurl!
You've shown your decision to join in! :clapping:
As I mentioned above it's not a problem to wait more,
if we know that there will be and other submissions.

#18 Deco

Deco

ARTTRADE.NET

• Admin
  • 2,257 posts

Posted 03 May 2005 - 01:39 PM

I'll put some of my works too :clapping: , but I'm a bit surprised of the low interest
anyway it's personal decision.
Clare and Drawingirl, thank you for your participation, I'm sure we'll find
a way to accomplish this idea :cheer:
MyPaintings.Info - My web site
Fashionchat.info - Fashion Blog

#19 peter

peter

Devoted Member

• Concept Factory
  • 817 posts

Posted 03 May 2005 - 02:09 PM

I don't know if it's low interest about the catalogue as much as not really knowing what to put on it. I would definitely like to go onto it, but I don't want to repeat what's already on my website - I would sooner put something fresh & exciting up. There's also the question of what market the catalogue is aimed at - I certainly couldn't display in a European gallery even if someone paid me to! It's easy enough to get gallery space if you can afford the commission - I know I'm sounding very reserved and English, but I suppose it's the attitude of sitting back and seeing how everyone else does! After all that - I'll probably upload something soon! :clapping:

#20 Neo_Art

Neo_Art

ARTTRADE.NET

• Admin
  • 1,608 posts

Posted 03 May 2005 - 02:19 PM

There's also the question of what market the catalogue is aimed at - I certainly couldn't display in a European gallery even if someone paid me to! It's easy enough to get gallery space if you can afford the commission

I think I've answered this question. :clapping:

We have contacted several Art agents and Galleries
from Switzerland, Germany, USA, UK, Italy, Hong Kong
and many other countries where the ARTTRADE.NET Artists
Catalogue will be sent (the list will be continuously updated).

#21 peter

peter

Devoted Member

• Concept Factory
  • 817 posts

Posted 03 May 2005 - 02:25 PM

:cheer: :cheer: :laughing: ...............OK - I'm going through my stuff now to try and find something different! :clapping:

#22 Rosie

Rosie

• Art Guru
  • 177 posts

Posted 03 May 2005 - 08:48 PM

:cheer: OK I am dumb - so please don't call me stupid, but where do I go to do this?
The Art of Deco

<span style='font-size:8pt;line-height:100%'>Smile at your enemys, it confuses the hell out of them</span>

#23 Neo_Art

Neo_Art

ARTTRADE.NET

• Admin
  • 1,608 posts

Posted 03 May 2005 - 09:11 PM

:cheer:  OK I am dumb - so please don't call me stupid, but where do I go to do this?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Hi Rosie,

Just read this post:
http://arttrade.net/forums/index.php?showtopic=328 ,

and post your paintings here (like usually):
http://arttrade.net/forums/index.php?showforum=47 and that is all! :cheer:

#24 asthmaticmonkey

asthmaticmonkey

• Visitor
  • 148 posts

Posted 04 May 2005 - 06:26 PM

Personally I think the catalogue is a great idea. I've not used the site for a while, as I've been away etc. Checking my arttrade email updates the other day, I got in a bit of a panic, as I'd love to join this catalogue, but must admit, I do need to produce some new works. I hope there is time. I have posted some stuff before, and wonder if the quality is good enough?

I'm surprised there hasn't been more response yet, as I know from past experience of this site, that there are lots of very talented artists on here, all capable of selling their work.

Am I correct in thinking we should only submit original pieces? The reason I ask, is that I have some pieces (drawings in particular) that I no longer have in my possession, but do have as hi resolution scans which could be ink-jet printed very well onto high quality paper etc. I hope this question dosn't make me sound unprofessional.

Either way, I am hoping to have some works ready for your assesment for use in the catalogue. I have never tried to sell any of my work before, so am excited, but also a little unaware of the do's and don'ts of selling etc. Any advice or help in these above matters would be very much appreciated.

I for one hope more artists will want to get involved, as I've never done anything like this before, it seems like a great opportunity. (Dosn't make me sound too nieve does it?...lol)

By the way - your work is amazing drawingirl!

#25 Helz

Helz

Lady-knight

• Concept Factory
  • 1,214 posts

Posted 04 May 2005 - 08:03 PM

Having read through the comments, I'm sorry not to have replied earlier. It must appear to Neo and Deco that there is a distinct lack of interest, but in reality it's more like a lack of confidence for most of us! ;)

I would be interested but am really busy with other commitments till the end of the month. I have a couple of pieces that I've already posted, so will submit those, and a few more that I'm currently working on. I don't know about the rest of you, but I hate that initial "step" whenever I do something I've not done before!!! And this computer lark scares me more than my ex's divorce lawyer :) H x
"CREATE......INSPIRE......SHARE"

http://helzbelzart.com

#26 pencilwizard

pencilwizard

Concept Factory

• Concept Factory
  • 622 posts

Posted 04 May 2005 - 08:20 PM

I can remember the very first time i did post anything in a forum for c and c,and again for a online competition,i ummm and aaaaared forever and day, and in the end got angry with myself and posted up.Since that time,i have been at it all over the net,as i belong to a few forums,and it has been a real confidence booster.Not only have i gained some good pals,i have also learnt alot about art in general which has helped me become better at what i do.This idea for the Catalogue is a big booster,the thought that there will be other people looking and admiring your works,will make you glow,it certainly does me,and there was a time when i had no faith at all.Take a leap of faith and post your works!!! :) ;) ;) Drawingirl has said her piece now lol

btw thks for your compliments Asthsmatic Monkey,like your stuff too,looking forward to seeing more

Edited by drawingirl, 04 May 2005 - 08:23 PM.

#27 Deco

Deco

ARTTRADE.NET

• Admin
  • 2,257 posts

Posted 05 May 2005 - 09:35 AM

Am I correct in thinking we should only submit original pieces? The reason I ask, is that I have some pieces (drawings in particular) that I no longer have in my possession, but do have as hi resolution scans which could be ink-jet printed very well onto high quality paper etc. I hope this question dosn't make me sound unprofessional.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I'm glad you're back asthmaticmonkey!:)
Yes, you should submit only original paintings or drawings,
which are available for sale.

Either way, I am hoping to have some works ready for your assesment for use in the catalogue. I have never tried to sell any of my work before, so am excited, but also a little unaware of the do's and don'ts of selling etc. Any advice or help in these above matters would be very much appreciated.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

You may post everything that present your skills as artist ;)
I think you have wonderful works so don't worry, just post some of them.

#28 Deco

Deco

ARTTRADE.NET

• Admin
  • 2,257 posts

Posted 05 May 2005 - 09:39 AM

Having read through the comments, I'm sorry not to have replied earlier. It must appear to Neo and Deco that there is a distinct lack of interest, but in reality it's more like a lack of confidence for most of us! ;)

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

and why is that lack of confidence? At least we want nothing more than to submit
some of your works, there isn't any fee, any additional conditions, any hidden tricks
to worry about, It's just an additional possibility for all of us and yes, there isn't any
guarantee that someone will sell something in the beginning, but this is a long time
offer and we'll continue to develop it. ;)

I don't know about the rest of you, but I hate that initial "step" whenever I do something I've not done before!!! And this computer lark scares me more than my ex's divorce lawyer :) H x

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Yes, I know many people hate initial "steps", but if we don't make this first step,
we won't make and the second. :wub:

#29 hawkwood

hawkwood

Advanced Member

• Art Guru
  • 510 posts

Posted 05 May 2005 - 12:34 PM

and why is that lack of confidence?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

for me a big part of it is that I've never actively done anything to sell my art before. While I realise that at worst the recipients of this cataloge will ignore any contributions I make a small paranoid part of my brain tells me
"these people are not your friends AND they know about art. they are going to know you are a big fraud and start sending you hate mail because you have had the audacity to pollute their eyes with your scummy little pictures"
combined with this is the fact that I pretty much gave up on art for the vast majority of the last ten years so the only worthwhile paintings I have are done since joining arttrade (you've seen them all bar one which I will be posting as soon as I get a decent photo). But dont worry I felt exactly the same way when I started my first business and applied for a grant that was sponserd by a well known petrol company, and I got the grant so I cant have done too badly :) and I will put something up for the catalogue even if its only the pieces youve already seen ("moment of creation" & "another chance") along with the new piece ;)

#30 Neo_Art

Neo_Art

ARTTRADE.NET

• Admin
  • 1,608 posts

Posted 05 May 2005 - 01:43 PM

Seems, I have to clarify something ...

1. This won't be a SPAM!!! The catalogue will be send to galleries / agents only
that want to receive it! We already have a subscription form where
the people can subscribe to receive this catalogue! Only if they want that!!!

2. We only will contact chosen galleries/agents! With some of them
we have long years relationship and many realised sales.

3. The only risk for you I see here is that you might not sell any
painting. :lol: but as Deco said you must try and not just once!

4. If you never try, you never will know how the other people
accept your art.
There aren't good paintings or bad paintings! There are only different styles and
different taste of art! If you haven't sold any paintings yet, it doesn't mean your
paintings aren't good!!! You just haven't found the right buyer!!!

To try or not is your personal choice! If someone of the recipient of this
catalogue is interested in your work he/she will contact directly with you!
You decide will you sell or won't your art!

I hope this long post will make clearlier out offer!

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Advertisement