Posted 06 April 2005 - 04:16 PM

with it now thanks :unsure:

#18 hawkwood

hawkwood

Advanced Member

• Art Guru
  • 510 posts

Posted 06 April 2005 - 04:21 PM

so dose a banner ad in and of itself count as a backlink?

#19 Neo_Art

Neo_Art

ARTTRADE.NET

• Admin
  • 1,608 posts

Posted 06 April 2005 - 04:23 PM

with it now thanks :unsure:

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

No problem :) if you have a time to read I can send you
a lot of links about it. :)

#20 hawkwood

hawkwood

Advanced Member

• Art Guru
  • 510 posts

Posted 06 April 2005 - 04:27 PM

go for it though I will have to read them later as I am skiving off work at the moment and the boss will kill me if he finds out :) actualy I've been takeing a well earned break having not gone to bed since I started working yesterday :unsure:

#21 Graeme

Graeme

• Concept Factory
  • 255 posts

Posted 06 April 2005 - 04:31 PM

Hi Hawkwood,

I was wondering if you would mind if i do a couple of sample banners for you? I already have some images which I think could suit.
There is no charge for this as I do this type of thing to improve my digital imaging skills, so consider it as practice and if you don't like them you haven't lost anything. If you do then use them by all means.
Let me know.

#22 hawkwood

hawkwood

Advanced Member

• Art Guru
  • 510 posts

Posted 06 April 2005 - 06:07 PM

be my guest, as you say I cant loose out by it :) could I request that you do a step by step guide on one or would that be giving away trade secrets? :unsure: it may help me figure out how to do them for myself in the future.

edit.......
ps some of the pictures I used are in my "the day job" thread http://arttrade.net/forums/index.php?showtopic=119

Edited by hawkwood, 06 April 2005 - 06:10 PM.

#23 Graeme

Graeme

• Concept Factory
  • 255 posts

Posted 06 April 2005 - 09:18 PM

Heres the first for review.

Image size is 750 x 125. This can be altered depending on the layout of your site. I've used different fonts, from your original, which I think look more suited to the banner. I tried gothic fonts, and others similar, but that looked to contrived so went with these.
There is a white outline around the edge to ensure maximum visibilty against a black background, and again a white glow around the figures to put some emphasis on exactly what the site is geared towards. Added is the word 'Figure', reasoning as before.
regarding the text:- 'From 6mm to almost anything', I personally feel this would be better removed and put in the main body of your text rather than on the banner.
I've saved this image as a png file to make editing easier if you changes are required but the one on view is a jpeg. Let me know your thoughts and thats directed to everyone.
Regarding letting you know the ins and outs thats not a problem but lets get a finished image first so I can talk you through that rather than telling you 150 different things for the image as it changes. By the way, this was done in Fireworks and PSP v7.

I'm off to do the Robotech style one now. :D

Attached Files

#24 Clare

Clare

• Visitor
  • 448 posts

Posted 06 April 2005 - 09:19 PM

Well if it is any help I like the top and bottom ones, but the middle one has the little added bits of sheilds is it? which I think would look good on the bottom one so maybe the bottom one with them added. :D :D
Hope it helps a little :D ;)
Clare :manoyes:
Life is for watching and enjoying if that fail paint it!

My Webpage
http://www.minigalle...k/Clare_Harper/

#25 Neo_Art

Neo_Art

ARTTRADE.NET

• Admin
  • 1,608 posts

Posted 06 April 2005 - 09:35 PM

Heres the first for review.

Image size is 750 x 125. This can be altered depending on the layout of your site. I've used different fonts, from your original, which I think look more suited to the banner. I tried gothic fonts, and others similar, but that looked to contrived so went with these.

Mmm ... Very good one! Very good!!! :D

#26 hawkwood

hawkwood

Advanced Member

• Art Guru
  • 510 posts

Posted 06 April 2005 - 10:44 PM

Really nice :D , though I think it's best to stick to figures I've painted or I might get into trouble. Sort of lynched type thing. I do have more pictures of figures if you'd like me to email you some?
Night night

#27 Deco

Deco

ARTTRADE.NET

• Admin
  • 2,257 posts

Posted 07 April 2005 - 08:12 AM

I like the new project a lot :D , especially the way that graemek
has done the figures and the fonts are better, well done graemek! :D
MyPaintings.Info - My web site
Fashionchat.info - Fashion Blog

#28 Cary

Cary

Concept Factory

• Admin
  • 323 posts

Posted 07 April 2005 - 08:52 AM

Nice banner, graemek! :D
Hope you'll post the new one with the new pictures! :D

#29 de Moustier

de Moustier

• Members
  • 88 posts

Posted 07 April 2005 - 10:40 AM

Cool, Graem well done :clapping:

#30 Graeme

Graeme

• Concept Factory
  • 255 posts

Posted 07 April 2005 - 04:07 PM

Back again, this time with a different style. I've used a white background but it looks equally decent in negative using a black background with white objects. This one is more manga to reflect the comicbook origin, using a font called nuerochrome with a Gundam S battle unit in a line drawn style. It obviously bears no resemblance to the other banner and I realise you will be looking for continuity throughout your site but I'm just bouncing ideas around to see what you do and don't like to narrow things down to style and layout which will suit any type of figure.

Let me know your thoughts. I'm off to play around with another style now. :cheer:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Advertisement