• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 deedee

deedee

• Members
  • 303 posts

Posted 31 July 2012 - 06:56 PM

Hi All :artist:
A night scene using orange/ burnt umber /med yellow/ burnt sienna and a little white & a smidgen of black at the base of the mountains..
Acrylic on hardboard 12x 16.
c&c s most welcome
Attached File  DSCF0152.JPG   371.77KB   4 downloads
Oldies can still learn new tricks ........... The alternative is never knowing you could
if you don't give it a try!!!! I'm glad I 'm trying ,and learning!!!!!!

Advertisement

#2 Deco

Deco

ARTTRADE.NET

• Admin
  • 2,257 posts

Posted 01 August 2012 - 12:43 PM

Hi Deedee :)

Very nice and warm palette :thumbsup: :clapping: to be honest these are amongst my favourite colours.
I love the way you have done the background scenery gradating the colours, this gives the painting
very good depth. One note if you don't mind - the line where water touches the base of the mountains
seems a bit sharp to me comparing with the lack of details in the landscape on the foreground it stands out too much.
Just my opinion of course. :flowers:
Have you chosen a title yet? or you'll use the one you have posted the topic with? :)
MyPaintings.Info - My web site
Fashionchat.info - Fashion Blog

#3 deedee

deedee

• Members
  • 303 posts

Posted 02 August 2012 - 12:24 PM

Good Morning Deco
Thank You for taking time to comment ,Much appreciated . You have a very sharp eye for detail, I see what you mean about the sharp line at the base of the mountain. You would not be able to see this at night, would you? I will do a little touch-up and see how it looks . I think I'll leave the rest as is, as it was meant to be a little abstract.I will be framing it for my bedroom which is painted in orangy colors with brown bedspread and vertical blinds.
Thanks again
Dee :artist:
Oldies can still learn new tricks ........... The alternative is never knowing you could

#4 Deco

Deco

ARTTRADE.NET

• Admin
  • 2,257 posts

Posted 02 August 2012 - 01:40 PM

You are welcome Deedee :) and thanks for valuing my comment. :)
You're right, definitely the sharp line at the base of the mountain won't be so clearly visible at night, having in mind
that sunset is behind the mountains, the mountains would even throw shadow on that base line as the sun is behind the peaks.
Can you post the finished framed painting? I would enjoy seeing it :)

I think it will look great in your bedroom if it is in the orange-brown palette. :manoyes:
Thanks for sharing your work and hope you'll get more comments on it :) I know Denise won't have internet for
a certain period as she's not home, not sure about Helz and others, but we won't give up trying to attract visitors/new members :)

Take care Deedee :)
MyPaintings.Info - My web site
Fashionchat.info - Fashion Blog

#5 housedoc

housedoc

Devoted Member

• Concept Factory
  • 1,602 posts

Posted 07 August 2012 - 06:19 PM

Hi Deedee - I have managed to get WiFi from my daughters neighbour so am now on the internet :yay2:
Love your painting and like Deco - I love the warm colours you have used. Your like me with it being abstract - cos I don't really paint what I see - I just paint out of my head, although I understand exactly what Deco means - so if you change that slightly it will give it a little more reality.
Unfortunately, I won't be able to paint for sometime as I'm now in England for a while then when I go back to Ireland I am having some guests and then on the 30th August I shall be back in Spain until the end of September! So hopefully later in the year. Although I will try to post one or two new ones since I was last on here - so watch this space :yu:

It would be nice to have a look at your picture framed :artist:
Although after saying that, I don't frame any of mine because I use the gallery wrapped canvasses i.e. they do not need framing and I paint round the edges. Have you ever used this sort of canvas?

Chat soon - Dxx

#6 deedee

deedee

• Members
  • 303 posts

Posted 19 August 2012 - 12:32 PM

Hi , Denise
It's so nice to hear from you ,and that you're doing well with your business, I;ve been on your sites and am impressed with your work as
usual . Looking forward to seeing more of your paintings. Enjoy your guests and your trip back to Spain.
:artist:
Dee

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Advertisement