• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 Deco

Deco

ARTTRADE.NET

• Admin
  • 2,257 posts

Posted 30 July 2012 - 12:19 PM

Took this photo in Vienna on my last Christmas vacation, it was very cold hence the lack of visitors in the Prater :)
Vienna Prater is a public leisure centre for Viennese and lots of tourists since 1766 almost 3 centuries
The photo is of one their Merry-go-rounds - nice and colourful, just one of the hundreds places to have fun.

Next time I should visit in spring/summer :) might try some of these leisure facilities ;)

Attached File  VIenna-Prater.jpg   326.34KB   2 downloads
MyPaintings.Info - My web site
Fashionchat.info - Fashion Blog

Advertisement

#2 Neo_Art

Neo_Art

ARTTRADE.NET

• Admin
  • 1,608 posts

Posted 01 August 2012 - 01:41 PM

Looks very familiar ;)

Vienna is my favourite European city :) Deserves visiting. :hi:

#3 Deco

Deco

ARTTRADE.NET

• Admin
  • 2,257 posts

Posted 07 August 2012 - 09:26 AM

:) Deserves visiting. :hi:

Absolutely :) next time when I have the chance to go on holiday I will again choose Vienna, it's a great city - clean, friendly with lots of nice places to visit, restaurants are perfect :)
didn't manage to see all I wanted so another visit would be great :) If I have to compare with my last vacation in Rome, Italy loses on points ...

#4 housedoc

housedoc

Devoted Member

• Concept Factory
  • 1,602 posts

Posted 07 August 2012 - 06:28 PM

Hi Deco - This looks a beautiful picture of the Merry go round :thumbup: Would really like to go to Vienna myself - I've never visited it. I think your like me when Ken and I visited Rome - we didn't like it at all - and lots of people said how nice it was - but I would not go again. So Vienna sounds a really nice place to visit. Did you find it a clean City because we thought Rome was dirty and didn't really offer much apart from some very nice buildings!

#5 Deco

Deco

ARTTRADE.NET

• Admin
  • 2,257 posts

Posted 08 August 2012 - 09:32 AM

Hi Deco - This looks a beautiful picture of the Merry go round :thumbup: Would really like to go to Vienna myself - I've never visited it. I think your like me when Ken and I visited Rome - we didn't like it at all - and lots of people said how nice it was - but I would not go again. So Vienna sounds a really nice place to visit. Did you find it a clean City because we thought Rome was dirty and didn't really offer much apart from some very nice buildings!

Vienna is probably one of the cleanest capitals, there is not a place for comparison with Rome and in my opinion there are much more things
that deserve seeing - galleries, both palaces - Belvedere and Schönbrunn, the Opera where Mozart had many concerts not to mention
all great cafes and restaurants.
I also found Rome very dirty and very expensive and not offering tourists enough attractions except the "ruins" left from the ancient Roman empire.
For a visit to Italy maybe Florence would be a better destination.

Just for reference to see how clean the streets are the photo below is of Vienna main square in front of
St. Stephen's Cathedral (German: Stephansdom) even in the winter :)

Attached File  Stefansdom_Square.jpg   282.37KB   0 downloads

#6 housedoc

housedoc

Devoted Member

• Concept Factory
  • 1,602 posts

Posted 08 August 2012 - 09:58 AM

Hi Deco - This looks a bit like St Marks Square in Venice! As you say Vienna looks very clean in comparison to Rome. Did you find it expensive there? Or, was it a lot cheaper than Rome? If you have any more photos of Vienna I would be interested to have a look?

By the way just to let you know that I managed to 'sign in' today with no problems :yay2:

What you up to today? I'm just relaxing until about 5pm tonight, when John is picking me up to go to their house, then John and Di are taking me for a meal over near where they live. For a change it is a lovely sunny day here today.

I will try and sort some pictures out later to post of the furniture and art that I've done recently. :artist:
Luv Dxx

#7 Deco

Deco

ARTTRADE.NET

• Admin
  • 2,257 posts

Posted 08 August 2012 - 03:20 PM

Well if we compare hotel prices we stayed in a very nice hotel in Vienna for a week and for the amount we paid
we could only have 4 nights in Rome if we require same quality of the hotel.
You know that in Rome decent hotels are very expensive. :( hotel service in Italy is in generally poor. :manono:
Although I am a big fan of Italian cuisine I'd prefer restaurants and bars/cafes in Vienna - cheaper and food
and service are great, not to mention the wonderful small sweet shops (most of them work like cafes) and you can
buy some pastry (which Vienna is famous for) sit and have a drink :coffee:

Maybe you'll consider Vienna for your next holiday :) I think your Birthday is coming soon so ... that would be a nice present :whistling2:

Re the login issues :) something weird is happening with your laptop :mf_type: nice to hear the problem is solved.

Greetings to John and Di and have a nice evening out :) hope they are OK
Look forward to seeing your new furniture designs :) I'll post more images from Vienna in the next days

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Advertisement