Hello

• Please log in to reply
19 replies to this topic

#1 deedee

deedee

• Members
  • 303 posts

Posted 27 July 2012 - 09:40 PM

Just wondering if any of the old group is still around and looking in on this site from time to time. Would be nice to see new work posted here again.
Stickmaker ,are you still making your wonderful walking sticks and persueing your painting??
Best Regards to All
Dee
Attached File  DSCF0115.JPG   127.63KB   1 downloads
Oldies can still learn new tricks ........... The alternative is never knowing you could
if you don't give it a try!!!! I'm glad I 'm trying ,and learning!!!!!!

Advertisement

#2 Deco

Deco

ARTTRADE.NET

• Admin
  • 2,257 posts

Posted 28 July 2012 - 10:09 AM

Hi Deedee :)

Nice to see you have checked the forum and thanks for your post.
Hope you are well and everything is fine with your family. Nice painting :) great work.

I don't know what has happened to the old group of Arttrade members, they might not have
time for art or chat but would be really nice to see what everybody has been up to.

I personally don't have recent works, have been working on other projects but it didn't stop me from
keeping this forum live (which is not so cheap having in mind the size of total artworks posted till now)
so hopefully it will return to its previous activity one day. Hope the members who found support
and advices here will receive notification of your new thread and might decide to reply.
Hope you'll check from time to time too. :)

BTW How's your garden going? I remember some fantastic photos from it so hopefully the heat in Canada isn't that
bad as in the US and Europe.
MyPaintings.Info - My web site
Fashionchat.info - Fashion Blog

#3 Neo_Art

Neo_Art

ARTTRADE.NET

• Admin
  • 1,608 posts

Posted 28 July 2012 - 10:11 AM

Hi Deedee,

Nice to see you are posting here again. :)

I would also like to see what the old members are after.
I will try to forward this topic to some of them (if their emails are still actual).
Hopefully they will join the thread.

#4 Helz

Helz

Lady-knight

• Concept Factory
  • 1,214 posts

Posted 28 July 2012 - 12:20 PM

Wow guys, has it really been such a long time??!! Thanks for emailing me Neo to bring me back to base :yay2:

I love your painting Deedee.... I always enjoyed the thought of walking through your paintings, especially a meander up the mountains!!

Well a lot has happened in the last few years. I'm REALLY lucky that my illustration business has taken off for me. I produce artwork for several clients including papercraft manufacturers, greetings card publishers, homeware manufacturers and fabric manufacturers both in the UK and USA. Last year I took a booth at Brand Licensing Europe, Olympia London, a place where big brand names show their latest films / TV programmes / characters etc to licensees, and then there is a smaller area for people like me to promote our work for licensees to license onto various products. It was a huge investment, but paid off for me. I'm there again in October and also moderating a seminar!

Another milestone for me happened last year when I was invited onto the Board of Directors at The Association of Illustrators here in the UK. It's the only not-for-profit organization here to promote illustrators, protect our rights and encourage professional standards within the industry. Over the last few years I've been pretty pro-active in copyright lobbying and learning the business of Brand / Arft Licensing, so the AOI wanted to use that knowledge for the benefit of all the members... hence being asked to join the Board!!

On a personal level, Chloe is now 12 and thriving at high school. Although she loves creative arts, she is more graphic design orientated, but her biggest talent lies in music. She's got 2 songs on i-tunes (composed and performed by her) that are charity fundraisers, one for the NSPCC and the other for the Lavinia Norfolk Centre, which is a unit in her school for children with physical, emotional or sensory difficulties.

Here's a link to her latest song if anyone fancies listening to the preview

http://itunes.apple....gle/id535293681

It would be lovely to hear everyone else's news and to touch base with some past friends...... hope I don't sound boastful in these hard time :oops:

Helz x
"CREATE......INSPIRE......SHARE"

http://helzbelzart.com

#5 Neo_Art

Neo_Art

ARTTRADE.NET

• Admin
  • 1,608 posts

Posted 28 July 2012 - 12:46 PM

Hey Helz :) It was my pleasure to email you the link and to be honest I didn't expect that you will follow it :)

I am very glad the things are progressing so well in your career. You are a great talent and you deserve every success. :)

Hope to see you from time to time posting on Arttrade.

#6 Deco

Deco

ARTTRADE.NET

• Admin
  • 2,257 posts

Posted 28 July 2012 - 01:29 PM

Hi Helz :)

So nice to hear from you it has been a really long time. :)

Like Neo said you are extremely talented artist and I always knew you'll succeed in your career, :manoyes:
you definitely deserve it. I had a look at your website and all illustrations and projects you have worked on
are really great and in the same time very cute. You have achieved a great progress and have developed a really
unique style that is easily recognizable! I personally think this is the best success for every artist!

Nice to hear the "little Chloe" is well and she is still the best inspiration for your work as well as a good critic suppose ;)
I'm sure a great career in music is ahead for her

... and to not forget Congratulations on becoming a member of the Board of Directors at The Association of Illustrators! well done :artist:

"Boastful"??? you definitely don't sound boastful at all! I'm glad you shared with us how you're doing and hope we'll get
more updates from time to time.

Take care! :)

#7 Helz

Helz

Lady-knight

• Concept Factory
  • 1,214 posts

Posted 29 July 2012 - 07:33 AM

Thanks Neo and Deco.

Helz x

#8 deedee

deedee

• Members
  • 303 posts

Posted 29 July 2012 - 12:13 PM

Hi
Neo , Deco and Helz,
It's was nice to hear from all of you again and that you are all well .
Helz , congratulations on your successful career. I visited your website and was very impressed with the lovely designs you have created.
As for me I'm still operating my small Greenhouse with the help of my faithful niece /sister and Daugther. I lost my Hubby and Partner
1 1/2 years ago to cancer. I Kind of lost the inclination to paint for a time, but I'm determined to get going again, Hope to see this site up and running with new members as well as our old group.
Best Regards
Dee :dance:
Oldies can still learn new tricks ........... The alternative is never knowing you could
if you don't give it a try!!!! I'm glad I 'm trying ,and learning!!!!!!

#9 Deco

Deco

ARTTRADE.NET

• Admin
  • 2,257 posts

Posted 29 July 2012 - 12:41 PM

Hi Deedee,

I'm sorry to hear you lost your husband, please accept my sincere condolences.
I know what you mean about loosing inclination to paint. I lost my father in December 2010, he was only 65 years old
and it is something that's not easy to overcome. Hope you will find a will to get back to brushes soon.
Nice to hear you are still running the greenhouse it was a really beautiful place.

Thanks for starting that thread and I also hope more of the old members will pop in and post a comment
would be really nice to catch up with them too.
You know that you can always rely on our support and feedback if you need it :)

Take care :)

#10 housedoc

housedoc

Devoted Member

• Concept Factory
  • 1,602 posts

Posted 29 July 2012 - 07:42 PM

Well, well, well - isn't this nice to see some familiar faces again? Hello to Deco, Neo, Deedee and of course last but not least Helz - Hi to all of you :yay2:

Thanks Neo for sending us details of Deedee's post - so we can perhaps get 'Arttrade Forum' back up and running? And as Deco says she has actually kept this forum 'live' and none of us have been in touch for a while - so nice now to see some of the lovely faces on here 'as before'! So thank you to both Neo and Deco :clap:

Deedee - what a lovely piece of artwork - yet again - you have produced :D you were always good at these scenic ones. Great stuff - So, thank you to you too for making the first post after such a long time ;) Glad to hear you have now started to produce your artwork yet again, but so sorry to hear you have lost your husband - so sad.

I have been in contact with Deco and knew of her loss last year - which is terrible for anyone to have to go through - and, of course she also lost the will to start producing her excellent art - hopefully with us starting the Forum up again will give her and deedee some inspiration and the will to produce their excellent art. So, we can all help one another - yet again. Please accept my sincere condolences to both of you.

I have also been in contact with Helz - albeit not for some while - but we became friends on 'Linked in' - so have been watching what she has been up to - and as Deco says - she has produced some wonderful and beautiful work including the 'cuties'. Well done Helz also on becoming a member of the Board of Directors at The Association of Illustrators! - Congratulations from me too :artist:
Well, as regards me - I have sold a few pieces of artwork and have accepted commissions to hand paint some furniture - so have not been doing too badly!

I have now moved from Spain to a place called Malahide in County Dublin - which is a very pretty place and is on the coast. Our house is opposite the estuary. Although I live most of the time here now - we do still have our villa in Spain - so still get to go there for a few weeks at a time. The thing I miss most in Malahide is the weather! Very very changeable - never knowing what to wear - lol ;)

Hopefully Neo has sent details of us being on here to some other 'old' members and with a bit of luck they will come and post on here again - and we will all be one 'big happy family' back together again!

It is really great to hear how you are all doing and now we can start posting some of our 'latest' artworks to get comments/critique on - which let's face it - helps us all to move forward in our work - this is what I have missed for a long time - not having the critique from those people that know far more than me - then I may be able to progress some more in my work :D

Love to you all and once again Neo, Deco and Deedee thank you for starting this Forum up again. Hope to chat soon to all of you again soon :D xx

#11 housedoc

housedoc

Devoted Member

• Concept Factory
  • 1,602 posts

Posted 29 July 2012 - 07:47 PM

Oh by the way Helz - I did try to listen to Chloe's music but either I'm doing it wrong or the link doesn't work, but my problem was that I clicked on the title of the music but it didn't come up to enable me to actually play it! Would love to listen to a piece of it and then buy after :) She is as old as my Grandson. They do seem to grow up very quick don't they? She looks lovely :) xx

#12 Helz

Helz

Lady-knight

• Concept Factory
  • 1,214 posts

Posted 30 July 2012 - 08:58 AM

So sorry to hear of your loss Deedee. I hope you find the inspiration to paint again.

And to hear of your loss too Deco, these sad events take time to come to terms with... you never get over them, just learn to cope with the emotions.

Thanks for your lovely comments Deedee, and for your's too Denise.

I've never ventured over to Ireland, but it's on my 'to do list', no doubt the changin scenery is very inspiring Denise!!

I think the link to Chloe's i-tunes does work if you have an i-tunes account..... when I've previously clicked on the 'preview' button, it takes a while to work, and I've kept clicking on it which kept turning it on and off (I'm still the techno-numpty I use to be!!!).

Yes, they do grow up too fast don't they!!

Helz x

#13 Deco

Deco

ARTTRADE.NET

• Admin
  • 2,257 posts

Posted 30 July 2012 - 08:59 AM

Hi Denise :)

Thanks for visiting the forum and for you post it's nice to get in touch again here and hear what you have been up to. :)
Hope you enjoyed your holiday in Spain and you managed to finish all the commissions you have been working on recently.
I'm sure you've done it great as usually, you're very good with your designer furniture.
As you said it will be really nice if more of the old members check on arttarde, think Neo forwarded a link to this thread
to some of the most active members but they might be not using their contact emails anymore, but let's hope they still do
and will receive this message.
Keeping the forum live is not just supporting the server and system financially and technically, it's up to the members that make
the forum a place to comment, share and seek other's opinion. So let's hope we'll bring this place back to it's previous activity
and some of the members will find it useful. Thanks :)

#14 Deco

Deco

ARTTRADE.NET

• Admin
  • 2,257 posts

Posted 30 July 2012 - 10:50 AM

Hi again :) forgot to mention ..

Not sure if you have seen these two old threads but you may want to comment on the artworks (of Deedee and Stickmaker) which are really nice:

http://arttrade.net/...ing/#entry15172

http://arttrade.net/...ive/#entry15107

#15 housedoc

housedoc

Devoted Member

• Concept Factory
  • 1,602 posts

Posted 06 August 2012 - 06:19 PM

Hi Neo, Deco, Deedee and Helz - lovely to be back here - let's hope somewhere 'oldies' will post and some new ones come on.
Helz - sorry I couldn't listen to Chloe's music - but I am not a member of i-tunes - although perhaps I should be just to listen to Chloe's music - :flowers:
Well, I have been busy with lots of stuff - i.e. making a new website and sorted out a FB page - so if anyone is interested please take a look here: https://www.facebook.com/bookmarks/pages#!/DecorativeIdeas

I also have a new website for Decorative Ideas: http://www.decorativeideas.co.uk

Hope these are OK to put on here Deco/Neo?

I have done a few pieces of artwork and painted furniture - which I will put on hopefully in a few days.

I am back in the UK at the moment seeing my daughter and grandson (Kelly and Dan) and Dan is 12 tomorrow - Kelly had a BBQ party for him yesterday - so that was great - a few of his friends and a lot of Kellys - lol

Has anyone got any new work to show us - looked on an old link of Deedees - which I will remark on that page, but your work Deedee is still as beautiful as ever Deedee:)

Helz - what is the latest stuff you are working on at the moment? Would like you to share with us :yay2:

I know Deco created a couple of beautiful artworks for myself actually - don't think they were posted on here? So, would be good Deco if you can either post or 're-post' to let us see how beautiful they are? They are of my favourite flowers :)

Neo - hope you are OK and doing lots of interesting things?
Chat soon all :roflmao:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Advertisement