• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

#1 housedoc

housedoc

Devoted Member

• Concept Factory
  • 1,602 posts

Posted 25 January 2008 - 12:22 AM

:santa_smiley: Hi all - this is a WIP - something totally different for me - not really into flowers (I mean I love flowers but not for me to paint!!) Anyway one of my neighbours has already had three of my paintings and she wants this one (well in fact I'm not sure if she will like it! but she asked me to do another painting for her to go with the 'linen') for her bedroom and she wanted it to go with her bedlinen (which I'm not being awful but I don't particularly like but it's the customer's choice.

So this is done in my usual acrylics and the flowers are done with texture so they are 'raised' on the canvas. (At least this way saved me from actually painting them on - if you know what I mean - cos they were 'moulded' on !!) Still more work yet to be done but critique would be welcome.

Also as you can see it is 'supposed' to be a tryptich !

Attached File  Resized2007_01070004.JPG   27.97KB   1 downloads

Advertisement

#2 deedee

deedee

• Members
  • 303 posts

Posted 25 January 2008 - 05:59 PM

Hello Denise
So nice to hear from you. It's been really quiet in here lately.
I absolutely love this work, super job with the flowers. I'm sure your client will love it ,too :cheer:
BTW we have about 4ft. of snow in our area at this time. Don't you wish you were here????lol
Keep us posted with this work, It's lovely :santa_smiley: :santa_kiss:
Della
Oldies can still learn new tricks ........... The alternative is never knowing you could
if you don't give it a try!!!! I'm glad I 'm trying ,and learning!!!!!!

#3 housedoc

housedoc

Devoted Member

• Concept Factory
  • 1,602 posts

Posted 26 January 2008 - 10:04 AM

:cheer: Hi Deedee glad you are OK but sorry to hear you have snow!! I am really glad we haven't. It is now 11.00am here in spain and it is lovely and sunny and I am thinking that after I have been on here I am going to go into my studio and do some more work on this painting. Will let you have a look when I've finished. :santa_smiley:

I know I haven't been on here much over the past few months but I mentioned in another post that for months I had a load of problems with my computer but I now have a super duper one with lots of advice from Neo. Thank you Neo :santa_kiss: He is absolutely fantastic if you have any problems with your computers he knows loads and loads and gave me advice on what I should be looking for for my new one. I now have a great monitor too a 22" flat screen and the 'box of goodies' (you know what I mean) is really great.

#4 housedoc

housedoc

Devoted Member

• Concept Factory
  • 1,602 posts

Posted 26 January 2008 - 03:41 PM

:) Well here is the piece re-worked - with a little help from my dear friend Deco - who as you know at the moment is still close by :santa_smiley: - not sure about this? So comments please :santa_kiss:

I've added some little embellishes i.e. cabochons in the centre of each flower and a couple of little stone things on a couple of leaves and highlighted the leaves edge in gold !!!!! Hmmmm... Don't be frightened to let me know if you think it is 'crap' !! Personally I think it looks better than before but I am sure you will let me know :cheer:

Attached File  ReducedDSCF1510.JPG   107.71KB   3 downloads

#5 housedoc

housedoc

Devoted Member

• Concept Factory
  • 1,602 posts

Posted 26 January 2008 - 03:45 PM

:cheer: Just thought I would give you a 'close-up' of the flower cos you can't really see it that well on the above photo !

Attached File  CloseupDSCF1510.JPG   16.08KB   1 downloads

#6 Deco

Deco

ARTTRADE.NET

• Admin
  • 2,257 posts

Posted 26 January 2008 - 06:59 PM

Nice to see an update on this one :)
It looks much better after the applied changes.
Interesting approach re the flowers I like the texture :)
Background's lovely after changing the nuances of the
side parts (just that gleam pink on the left top) is a bit
intense in my opinion.
Think it's ready to be signed :cheer: and keep us updated
ie what your customer thinks about it when she comes to see it. :)
MyPaintings.Info - My web site
Fashionchat.info - Fashion Blog

#7 Stickmaker

Stickmaker

• Art Guru
  • 443 posts

Posted 27 January 2008 - 09:33 AM

Hi denise ,Nice to see you posting , the flowers look good , only problem for me is i cannot enlarge the photo to have a close look . I have tried this "piling on the paint "method on the owl that i did to get that "lift" 3d effect , works well i think . Regards Stickmaker

#8 housedoc

housedoc

Devoted Member

• Concept Factory
  • 1,602 posts

Posted 27 January 2008 - 09:53 PM

:) Ah... thanks Deco and Stickmaker. Will make slight change of the pink on left Deco :) My neighbour comes out here on the 27th February so after making the slight change will sign and varnish so it's ready for her arrival. Hope she likes it. I think I might say she can try it on her wall for a few days to see what she thinks before she pays me - what do you think? :cheer:

#9 housedoc

housedoc

Devoted Member

• Concept Factory
  • 1,602 posts

Posted 29 March 2008 - 06:24 PM

:) Hi all - sorry I've not been on the forum for a bit but just been catching up with other posts and just seen this one - and realise I did not update you on my customer's reaction at the 'flower' artwork. She thought it was lovely and it matched her bed linen so she was over the moon and the most important thing as well is that she paid me 'willingly' :clapping: :)

#10 Deco

Deco

ARTTRADE.NET

• Admin
  • 2,257 posts

Posted 30 March 2008 - 11:01 AM

Congrats Denise :)
Nice to hear she liked the works, I was sure she will. :)
Well done :clapping:

#11 housedoc

housedoc

Devoted Member

• Concept Factory
  • 1,602 posts

Posted 30 March 2008 - 11:15 AM

:) Thanks Deco - I could do with some more orders now !! But then couldn't we all? :clapping:

#12 Deco

Deco

ARTTRADE.NET

• Admin
  • 2,257 posts

Posted 30 March 2008 - 11:28 AM

Think you're doing well with the sales :rolleyes:
you just didn't have the time to paint to much for the last year, but
I'm sure the things will go on their places <_<
Wish you luck with the new commissions :cheer: