• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 housedoc

housedoc

Devoted Member

• Concept Factory
  • 1,602 posts

Posted 03 May 2006 - 12:11 PM

:clapping: Hi everyone just thought some of you might be interested in the interior design work I have just finished in Portugal. It is a 3 bedroomed villa in the Algarve in a place called Olhos D'Agua in Albufeira. Some of you might have heard of this or even visited. I have just spent 10 days there but the work took 7 days. My partner Ken came with me and also helped me 'prime' the furniture. The villa is for rental but the owners wanted a 'face-lift' for the lounge. Hopefully they will have me back in time to give all the bedrooms a 'face-lift' too. :clapping:

The work involved painting the walls and putting a decorative finish on. First of all I just painted the whole room white with emulsion (but this has to be a satin/silk finish) and then used a special roller to put the 'decorative glaze finish' (which I mix myself) on to give it a 'rag-rolled' effect. This enables the white still to show through the pale lemon glaze.

I also painted the furniture which you will note was in - what I call - 'cheap yellow pine' - you've probably seen this sort of furniture before but they sell a lot of this type of furniture and sell a lot to the rental markets purely because it is 'cheap'. I painted it all in what I call - my 'french antique style' - wherein I have to put on three coats of a 'special primer' then when that is dry I put 'my special base coat' on and then I use a 'special wax' and get Ken my partner to polish it all up (cos he has more 'elbow grease' than me ha! ha!)

You will see three pieces of artwork on the walls which I painted a while ago. I did show them on the forum but you might have forgot? :cheer:

I also made the curtains, valance and tie backs - which I made prior to me going so I only had to hang them up. (I did visit the villa last year to measure the windows and to way up what colours etc I was going to use)

The owner also wanted me to purchase on their behalf items to make the lounge look a lot more homely - so I purchased all the ornaments you see - the vases - the flowers, candle etc and made the candle arrangement and the flower arrangement myself. I also purchased the new rug and found the pot that sits on the large coffee table to match the rug. Also all the other bits and pieces you see.

This villa and another villa that these owners have bought will also go onto our website for rental - so if any of you are interested in renting this villa or any other then please feel free to look on this site which is http://www.easyletvillas.com but give me and Neo time to get them on the website. (Not sure if you know but Neo has built our website for easyletvillas and Deco has done the design of it - which I am sure you will agree that they have done a fantastic job and I certainly wouldn't hesitate in recommending them to build or design a website, business cards (done by Deco) in fact Deco has done all the design and everything for all our stationery, letterheads etc. So they come very well recommended and hope they don't mind me telling you this. :)

Anyway your comments would be appreciated on any part of the design, colour etc whether good or not.

I will show you some before and after pictures of the room and a few others. Hope you enjoy looking at them.

Because there are quite a few pictures I might not be able to get them all on this post - so will perhaps have to do a '2nd' post. So bear with me :)

Before
Attached File  P7280071.JPG   165.36KB   98 downloads

After
Attached File  P1010021.JPG   194.85KB   99 downloads

Before
Attached File  P7280074.JPG   182.55KB   97 downloads

After
Attached File  P1010041.JPG   199.13KB   98 downloads

Before
Attached File  P7280072.JPG   173.92KB   96 downloads

After
Attached File  P1010037.JPG   212.46KB   89 downloads

Before
Attached File  P7280070.JPG   182.05KB   94 downloads

After
Attached File  P1010010.JPG   217.95KB   104 downloads

Before
Attached File  P7280073.JPG   170.47KB   96 downloads

After
Attached File  P1010033.JPG   220.81KB   96 downloads

Before
Attached File  P7280075.JPG   183.84KB   93 downloads

After
Attached File  P1010034.JPG   231.02KB   99 downloads

These are just a few more of work in progress and some others you might like to have a look at.

Attached File  P1010004.JPG   173.79KB   98 downloads
Attached File  P1010008.JPG   170.42KB   99 downloads
Attached File  P1010007.JPG   158.07KB   99 downloads
Attached File  P1010044.JPG   191.58KB   103 downloads
Attached File  P1010034.JPG   231.02KB   94 downloads

Advertisement

#2 housedoc

housedoc

Devoted Member

• Concept Factory
  • 1,602 posts

Posted 03 May 2006 - 12:15 PM

:clapping: Just thought you might be interested in one or two 'close-ups' of the valance and tie backs :clapping:

Attached File  P1010025.JPG   189.31KB   90 downloads

Attached File  P1010024.JPG   186.7KB   89 downloads

#3 Deco

Deco

ARTTRADE.NET

• Admin
  • 2,257 posts

Posted 03 May 2006 - 01:29 PM

Well, it took me a long time to look through all these photos :)
I must say you both have done a fantastic work :clapping: :clapping: ,
the house is completely transformed and looks great. These colours and materials have given
the furniture a luxury look, it's definitely very elegant and all small details (vases, flowers, candle, etc)
are just great finishing touch. :cheer: Curtains are impressive too.
I'm sure the villa owners will be delighted with your work :) and will be asking for a 'face-lift'
of the bedrooms too :D . Otherwise their guests going into a bedroom would think that they
have "landed" in a different villa :) :)

This villa is another wonderful addition to your website, Will add it to my Places to visit list :cheer:
Thanks for the compliment about our work on the website :)
MyPaintings.Info - My web site
Fashionchat.info - Fashion Blog

#4 Helz

Helz

Lady-knight

• Concept Factory
  • 1,214 posts

Posted 03 May 2006 - 03:12 PM

:clapping: Fantastic Denise, what an incredible transformation! I agree with Deco, the owners WILL be asking you back to do the bedrooms. This is a great property to add to your portfolio, both as a designer and the holiday rental business. Well done you!! H x
"CREATE......INSPIRE......SHARE"

http://helzbelzart.com

#5 pencilwizard

pencilwizard

Concept Factory

• Concept Factory
  • 622 posts

Posted 04 May 2006 - 05:57 PM

The Villa looks great Denise,you and Ken have done a wondeful job,and you must certainly have a elegant touch for this interior design.Your paintings look fab as well :clapping:

#6 Stickmaker

Stickmaker

• Art Guru
  • 443 posts

Posted 04 May 2006 - 07:51 PM

Fantastic !!! I'm really impressed . Looks like you've earned the name - Housedoc ! Regards Stickmaker

#7 housedoc

housedoc

Devoted Member

• Concept Factory
  • 1,602 posts

Posted 04 May 2006 - 08:37 PM

:clapping: Hi Deco, Helz, Drawingirl and Stickmaker - Thank you all for your kind words and I'm glad that you like the transformation.

Deco - had to laugh at you saying about doing the bedrooms too and people thinking they have landed in another villa :clapping: You're probably right there. :cheer:

Well thank you Stickmaker :) - now you all know why I call myself 'Housedoc' and it is nice to know that you think I actually deserve the name :)

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Advertisement